Summary: A pen drive can be easily infected by a virus that causes deletion, corruption, and alteration of data which leads to data disaster. If your pen drive gets infected. Then don’t worry! Users can fix this issue in just a few minutes. Surprise to hear this, don’t be..! It’s true. In this article, we will show you the best ways that will definitely help you to recover data from virus-infected pen drive.
Pen drive is a data storage portable device, and is of great use because of its small size and huge storage capacity. Users can store any type of data file whether it is an image, audio, video, text file, document, and many more. But these drives are not safe from virus attack, due to which data stored in the pen drive may get corrupted and deleted, which result in the inaccessibility of data. Users may face various problems when their pen drive is infected by a virus. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Pen drive corruption:- When the pen drive is affected by the virus it may become corrupt and restrict you from accessing the data.
- Files Deletion:- When the pen drive is infected by virus then the files and folders stored in the USB drive may get deleted without any notification.
- Malfunctioning of Drive:- A virus-affected pen drive may function abnormally and create problems while accessing it.
- Data Alteration:- Sometimes viruses may modify the data stored in pen drive or create unnecessary folder shortcuts.
- Infect the System:- Once the infected pen drive connects to the system then it infects the system as soon as you double-click on the pen drive icon shown on your computer.
Before jumping onto the solution part let’s get to know some safety measures to avoid virus infection:
- Scan your pen drive on regular basis before accessing files from it.
- Avoid downloading or saving unsecured data.
- Carry out the antivirus scan, as soon as you come across a virus infection.
- Use genuine antivirus software for scanning your pen drive.
- Do not use your pen drive on public computers, use it only with a safe computer.
Also Read:- Recover Permanently Deleted Data from Pen Drive
Method 1. How to Recover Data from Virus-Infected Pen Drive Using CMD
Follow the below-given steps to retrieve data from a virus-attacked pen drive:
- Step 1: Connect your infected Pen Drive to your PC, and press Win + R to launch the Run Program.
- Step 2: Type CMD and then hit on OK.
- Step 3: Type ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D I:*.*, in the command prompt wizard (here ‘I’ is the USB drive letter. You should replace ‘I’ depending on your own USB drive letter shown on the computer)
- Step 4: Press Enter Key. Windows start repairing the virus-infected pen drive, once the process is completed.
Method 2. How To Retrieve Data From Virus-Infected Pen Drive Using A Professional Tool
If you cannot find the required data after utilizing the above-stated manual way, then you just need to make use of professional software i.e. SysTools Pen Drive Recovery Software. It is eminent software that is capable of recovering lost or deleted data from a virus-infected pen drive, flash drive, and memory card. It is capable enough to remove viruses from external hard drives. The software is designed with a user-friendly interface which makes it easy for users to work with this utility. Moreover, the software is compatible with all brands of pen drives and supports recovery from exFAT, FAT & NTFS formatted pen drives.
Also read:- Recover lost photos from pen drive
Working Steps of the Software
- Step 1:- Download and run the tool and click on the refresh button to view the newly attached pen drive without closing the software.
- Step 2:- Select “Scan” for Deleted or Corrupted data recovery.
- Step 3:- Preview recovered deleted data from Pen Drive. The tool will highlight the deleted data file in red color
- Step 4:- Click on “Save” to restore data at any desired location.
Why Does an Expert Choose Automated Tool Over CMD?
USB drive recovery utility and CMD, both can be used to recover data from virus-infected pen drives. With the help of software, users can recover permanently deleted, formatted, and corrupted data from the USB drive. But, with CMD you can only recover hidden files from a pen drive, which can also be done with this software. Thus, if you want to retrieve data files from a pen drive, we always recommend you use this proficient tool. Moreover, the software is integrated with a lot of advantages such as:
- Recover and restore videos, images, and documents from a pen drive.
- Provide the preview of complete data with associated attributes.
- Provides two separate options for Formatted Scan and Normal Scan.
- Option to save either selected files or complete data after recovery.
- Highlighted permanently deleted files in red.
Also Read:- How to Recover Deleted SQL Database Objects
In the above blog, we have discussed two simple approaches to recovering data from virus-infected pen drives. One method uses CMD, while the other is a professional third-party utility. Users can select any method as per their requirements. However, we always recommend users try this professional software. It is available in two versions, free and paid. You can test the demo version as it is 100% safe and secure to download and effectively retrieve data from virus-infected pen drives without any hassle Smpupm.