Do you think it will be difficult to extract DVB AutoCAD VBA password file? In real life, this is not that difficult, as we now have a complete way to get the VBA password from an AutoCAD DVB file.
If you have protected the DVB files of an AutoCAD VBA project and want to use the same automation program with a new AutoCAD VBA project, you need to know the correct password for the previous AutoCAD DVB project.
Don’t panic, and keep reading this blog post. This blog explains the two most important methods to remove the AutoCAD VBA DVB password. The unusual thing is that if you have forgotten your Autodesk DVB file password, then use the methods mentioned above to solve the problem.
Why do Users Want to Extract AutoCAD VBA Passwords from DVB Files?
- Sometimes users want to implement old AutoCAD DVB file macro encodings into new projects.
- A user wants to edit an AutoCAD DVB project to make some changes to the automation functionality.
- Often, programmers want to add or remove certain parts of macros and modules from an AutoCAD DVB VBA project, respectively.
- Sometimes users mistakenly download password-protected sample AutoCAD VBA project DVB drawing files for new deployments.
What is Needed to Protect AutoCAD and DVB Files?
DVB files can be considered VBA projects created by Autodesk AutoCAD. VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) coding is most useful when professionals want to automate tasks in AutoCAD DVB drawing files. DVB files can store critical program code in macros to automate tasks.
- Users prefer to protect AutoCAD VBA project files because they want to avoid unnecessary use of AutoCAD macros.
- Most professionals always want to protect their VBA modules and macro-coding resources. Therefore, they apply passwords to AutoCAD DVB files.
How to Manually Unlock AutoCAD VBA and DVB Password?
You need to follow these steps to remove the password from your AutoCAD VBA project.
- First, replace the AutoCAD *.dvb file extension with *.zip.
- Double–click the zip file to open it using WinZip or WinRar.
- After that, click on the xl folder and export the VBAProject.bin file.
- Open the VbaProject.bin file using a hex editing program.
- Change DPB to DPx in a hex editor and save.
- Replace the old VbaProject.bin file with the new VbaProject.bin file.
- Then change the *.zip file extension to *.dvb.
- Launch Visual Basic in AutoCAD.
- Select a security option and set a new password for the DVB file.
- Finally, you can open the AutoCAD VBA project DVB file with the new password.
Limitations of the Manual Approach
From the steps above, it is clear how this method works. We need time to complete the procedure. Moreover, the process falls under technical aspects, for which the user must have good technical skills. Only one file can be worked on at a time, making the tool time-consuming to use and less likely to be accurate.
Most Reliable Solution to Extract VBA Project Password from AutoCAD DVB
Whenever an AutoCAD password recovery case comes around, every forensic investigator uses the VBA Password Remover Tool by SysTools to recover all VBA passwords from AutoCAD DVB files. This is because this software has the ability to open password-protected AutoCAD files.
This application allows you to recover passwords of any length. There is no limit to the number of characters that can be used in a password. It supports AutoCAD 2019, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2007, as well as all AutoCAD DVB files.
Also Read: How to Unprotect VBA Project in Excel Without Password?
Quick Steps to Disable VBA Project Password from AutoCAD DVB
- First, download and install the VBA Password Remover.
- After that, Upload a files to Recover or Reset VBA Password.
- Choose the Remove or Reset button to view your password.
- Finally, Review all progress reports, as well as file paths, passwords, and status.
We have explained two methods to extract DVB AutoCAD VBA password file. You should choose the right way to unlock the security restrictions of the VBA password section. Without a doubt, if you are a professional user, use VBA Password Recovery. If you have a few projects, it is recommended to use the second manual method to remove AutoCAD VBA passwords from DVB files, as it takes time.