Stop right here if you are looking for the solution to secure PDF file with password because we have found already. In this article, we are going to lock your PDF file with a password.
If you protect your PDF file with security then you can make sure it’s integrity because sometimes data is more important and it should be protected.
Basically, there are two types of passwords to protect PDF
- Document open password
- Permission password
This type of password is used to secure PDF and we will share with you easy methods to apply so let’s go to apply the same.
Best Methods to Secure PDF file With Password
Creating a secure PDF file with a password is crucial to protect sensitive information and restrict access to unauthorized persons. This practice is mostly applied to safeguard confidential documents, financial records, legal contracts, and more.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to create a password protect PDF file using 4 Methods.
- First download and Install Adobe in your system if don’t have one, you can get it from Adobe from its official website.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat and open the document you want to secure with a password. To do this, go to “File” > “Open” and select the file from your computer.
- Click on “File” in the top menu then select “Protect Using Password” and then “Encrypt with Password” to secure PDF file with password.
- Afterward, you will see prompting a dialog box to enter a password.
- Enter your desired password in the “Document Open Password” field. This is the password users will need to enter to open the PDF file.
- Optionally, you can set additional permissions by clicking the “More Options” button. This allows you to specify what actions (e.g., printing, editing) users can perform without the password.
- After configuring your password and permissions, click the “OK” button.
- A confirmation dialog will ask you to re-enter the password for verification.
- After setting the password, save your document. Go to “File” > “Save” or “Save As,” and choose a location on your computer to save the secured PDF.
Read Also:- How To Make A PDF File Size Smaller
Password protect PDF Using Microsoft Word (Offline Method)
- Open your document in Microsoft Word.
- Then Select the “File” > “Save As” and choose PDF as the format.
- Click on “Options” to set a password and other security settings.
Online PDF Conversion Tool
Numerous online services allow you to upload a PDF and add password protection. Some popular options include Smallpdf, PDF2Go, and PDFProtect.net. Here’s a general process:
- Visit the website of your chosen service.
- Upload your PDF file.
- Set a password and any other desired security settings.
- Click on the “Protect” or “Encrypt” button.
- Download the secured PDF.
Professional Method to Secure PDF File With Password
You can use this SysTools Professional PDF Lock Tool that has amazing from the customers and being trusted by thousands of people. It has some great features like:-
- Apply restrictoin on Printing, Copying, Editing, Extracting Pages, filling, commenting.
- Use latest encryption options including AES256 bit to encrypt PDF.
- You can do batch processing(Select multiple files).
- CSV format option is available.
Step 1. Run the software and then click Add File(s) or Add Folder option to add the PDF Files into the software.
Step 2: Next click on the Destination button. Then select the path or location to save the password-protected PDF
Step 3. Once you select the destination then choose the Apply Document Restriction option.
Step 4. Choose the restriction types then enter the Password to lock the PDF and apply the restrictions.
Step 5. Now you have the option to lock the document and open the password too. For that just select the Apply Document Open Password option and put the Password and also can select between security types.
Step 6: At the end, once you applied all the settings, then hit the Lock button to secure the PDF file.
Know Password Security Basics to Secure PDF File With Password
Use these passwords to restrict certain features like printing and editing prevent PDF to access and secure with PDF password lock These two types of passwords are:-
Document open password
It’s also known as user password and it’s required to open the PDF. you can’t open PDF if you don’t have the document password.
It’s also called the master password and it’s requires to change permission settings. If you use permission password, then you can able to restrict many features of PDF like restrict printing, editing, and copying content in the PDF. this password not used to open a PDF
If the PDF is secured with both types of passwords, it can’t be opened without password. nevertheless, permissions password allows the user to change the restricted features. Because of the added security, but both types of passwords are often beneficial.
Read Also:- How to transfer my email to GoDaddy?
Now you may have solved your problem which is secure PDF file with password because we have given the best resolution on it. So you should try this utility which is the easiest method in between the above method to PDF password lock. In this article you find best methods with easy steps and you just need to follow the simple steps which is guided. We know how important your data is and it always in safe hands.