Title: Staff Engineer, Operational Technology (Medical Device MNC / Office Hours)
Company Name: Jora Jobs
Career Level: Senior Executive
Years Of Experience: 10 years
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master's Degree
Employment Status: Full-Time
Who We Are
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare sector. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.
Purpose: The Operational Technology (OT) Engineer will be responsible for creating and implementing solutions to deliver, maintain and improve Operational Performance, Capability and Cybersecurity in our manufacturing facilities. You will also support Smart Factory strategic technology pilots and expansion plans.
Essential Duties (other duties as assigned):
- Acts as technical resource to the plants and engineering group to support and deliver Controls Automation solutions to resolve manufacturing issues and improve operational performance
- Leads and manages multiple sites for the adoption of the Cybersecurity framework and activities to secure OT processes, technologies/assets and people and Smart Factory implementations working as liaison between OT Center of Excellence and plant operations
- Understands Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), SCADA systems, Windows based PC applications, industrial networks, connectivity, Edge and Cloud setup, data analytics and how to effectively apply these technologies to manufacturing environment keeping it safe and secure
- Actively collaborates as a team member in a high-performance cross functional work team environment, including plant and regional manufacturing technical resources, engineering, IT, Quality and regulatory
- Acts as a leader to support and drive IT/OT and cybersecurity standards adoption and implementation across the manufacturing enterprise
- Provide first class technical support to the manufacturing enterprise, supporting plant operations and personnel to ensure a safety-first environment that delivers value to our enterprise and the highest quality products to our customers
- Understands and has experience in manufacturing processes in industrial plants (preferably Medical Devices), electrical control systems, equipment and machinery including validations (IQ/OQ/PQ) requirements
- Develops, plans and executes technical solutions including equipment bills of materials, scope of work, estimates, participate in proposal review and provide timely status updates
- Provide leadership in knowledge transfer and implementation of approved standards and practices for OT systems, including network implementation, PLC’s, HMIs, SCADA systems, Robotics, Cobots, field devices, Cybersecurity controls and IT systems
- Lead process improvement projects delivering sustainable solutions in collaboration with plant technical peers
- Facilitate and support new technology assessment, Proof of Concepts, Pilots, and Expansion Plans collaborating with Engineering, IT, Information Security, Operations, R&D and Vendors
- Provide production support and maintenance for enterprise systems including Environmental Health & Safety, OEE and Plant Key Performance Metrics, Process Controls and Automation, reporting and analytics systems for Operations, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and others as directed
- Collaborate with Information Technology and Information Security teams to get the desired outcome for the sites and the overall program
- Assist engineering team in developing User Requirements Specification (URS) documentation specifying OT/IT requirements for new equipment purchases
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Track record of strong people/team development. Develops technical talent in the assigned facilities
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, effective team relationships with multiple organizational levels across manufacturing sites and corporate
- Strong written and verbal communication, including documentation standards, adept at articulating priorities, and speak to stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Management skills that can mobilize, influence, and lead a matrixed team towards a common vision and set of objectives.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and see projects through completion
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Indirect - This position will have indirect supervision of plant controls OT and IT technicians to follow established controls procedures
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- All work is subject to review by the Plant Operations team and/or the Engineering Manager on a regular basis or at the conclusion of assigned projects.
- Technical Achievement – Successfully implement new and improved technology resulting in improved planned performance standards.
- Schedule Achievement – Successfully implement planned projects to an agreed upon due date, and within acceptable resource variance levels.
- Capital/Budget Control – Responsible for initiation of capital expenditures. Expenditures to be within the approved budget.
- Safety/Environment – Implemented projects and processes must adhere to OSHA safety and environmental requirements.
- Stakeholder management – Plant leadership such as plant manager, engineering manager, operations manager, quality manager, and finance manager etc.
- A Degree in Engineering discipline, with minimum of 10 years of experience in systems development and integration, managing manufacturing process control applications projects, supporting hardware and software assets and databases
- Thorough Knowledge of control systems, PLCs, vision systems, motion controls, operator interface panels, power distribution, electrical control components, safety systems and hardware/software implementation and validations. Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings.
- 5+ years of experience supporting manufacturing process controls networks, OT and IT infrastructure
- Experience working with third party vendors and system integrators, specifying hardware and software for controls and automation projects, FAT, SAT and project management
- Experience with network layouts, servers, switches, fire walls configurations and hardware/software specifications
- Knowledge of Industry 4.0 digitalization transformation platforms, connectivity requirements, cybersecurity controls and its applicability in the healthcare industry, manufacturing, medical devices, IoT and intersection of IT and OT
Culture and Benefits
Here at BD, we embrace a growth mindset, building capabilities for the future and helping you become the best version of yourself. We offer our employees a clear direction and career pathway for development. We pride ourselves on our transparent and rigorous talent processes that are inclusive, deeply embedded in trust, aligned with our culture, and enable us to achieve strategic imperatives of the organization. Our leaders are committed, engaged and accountable to making talent our top priority.
How To Apply
Submit your application by clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the page.
Primary Work Location
SGP Tuas - Tuas Plant