Title: Senior Executive / Assistant Manager, Compliance
Company Name: Hong Leong Investment Bank
Job Location: Kuala Lumpur
Career Level: Senior Executive
Years Of Experience: 3 years
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Employment Status: Full-Time
- Assist the Head of Compliance (HOC) / supervisor in planning and updating the compliance programme as per the latest Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) regulations;
- Conduct compliance review and testing as per compliance plan and programme;
- Prepare compliance report summarising the Bank’s overall management of compliance risk and escalate issue of non-compliance including providing preventive and corrective measures in mitigating compliance risk to HOC and supervisor;
- Provide advisory and timely dissemination of BNM regulations to the relevant business/operation unit;
- Assist HOC / supervisor in providing training to the business/operation unit on compliance matters;
- Assist to develop/revise related Compliance Policies and Procedures;
- Act as a contact point with regulators and assist in handling requests from regulators; and
- Develop close relationship with the business/operation unit to engender a culture of compliance within the Bank.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Banking/Law or equivalent field.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of working experience in compliance, risk management or audit related field is required for this position.
- Conversant with the BNM’s rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with Basel/risk management requirements would be an added advantage.
- Able to work independently with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills and report writing skills.