Title: Executive, Procurement
Company Name: Hume Cemboard Industries Sdn Bhd
Job Location: Petaling Jaya
Career Level: Junior Executive
Years Of Experience: 3 years
Qualification: Not Specified
Employment Status: Full-Time
1. Manage the buying process for a given set of goods in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
2. Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
3. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets.
4. Develop and maintain a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
5. Manage problems and schedule changes and ensure changes are reflected within the SAP systems
6. Balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
7. Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
8. Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
9. Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
10. Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required.
1. Develop creative and innovative procurement processes.
2. Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
3. Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
4. Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
5. Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
6. Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
7. Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
8. Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers.
9. Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements.
10. Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers.
11. Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
12. Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities.
13. To be responsible for data entry of purchasing function under the Pick System in order to generate Purchase Order and any other necessary report.
14. To prepare the necessary documents for ISO and HLQA audits.
15. Management of Safety, 5S & ISO
(a) Follow all safety procedures & regulations and ensure safe work environment.
(b) Implement and participate actively in 5S activities for the Department & Organization.
(c) Support other key strategic 5S programs where necessary.
(d) Adhere to ISO standards compliance.
16. Any other duties as directed by the Superior and Company Management