Title: Communications Manager
Company Name: International Planned Parenthood Federation
Job Location: Kuala Lumpur
Career Level: Manager
Years Of Experience: 10 years
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master's Degree, Doctorate (PhD)
Employment Status: Contract
- Opportunity working with international company
- safe and healthy environment
To be responsible for advancing and enhancing IPPF-ESEAOR’s external communications’ work, specifically contributing to raise its public profile and publicise its mandate, activities, and accomplishments. Job holder will be reporting to the SPAEA Director for general communications work and to the Programme Lead of the RESPOND Project for specific project communication tasks.
- To formulate, update and implement the communications strategy of ESEAOR in accordance with the over-all communication strategy of IPPF, and ensure that such is understood by the stakeholders.
- To implement the Visibility and Communications Strategy of the RESPOND Project (2021-2023) and be responsible for the commissioning of all externally produced content about the project and, together with the IPPF global communications team, ensure its best use across all platforms.
- Together with RESPOND Programme Lead, coordinate communication work on RESPOND with MSI.
- To work closely with the Communications Officer of SROP and Humanitarian Team in accordance with the Global Communications Strategy
- To be the main media point of contact for IPPF office in Kuala Lumpur, seeking media opportunities, dealing with media queries, and producing press releases as required.
- To act as the Communications Focal Point in ESEAOR and work with Communication Officers of Member Associations in pursuit of IPPF’s Global Communication Strategy.
- To update appropriate IPPF social media platforms as required and liaise with communications team colleagues to ensure updates as required.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time.
- Manage a small internal communications budget.
- Advise the Director of Strategic Partnerships, Advocacy and External Affairs and Programme LEAD – Project RESPOND; liaise with other Communication staff in Central Office, Regional Offices, SROP and potentially MAs as appropriate. Coordinate with Senior Officer on Advocacy and External Relations in ESEAOR.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Degree, preferably in communications field or equivalent standard of education and professional experience in communications.
- Strong experience in the development and application of external communications initiatives.
- Background/understanding of development and humanitarian issues desirable.
- Experience of working in humanitarian settings desirable, especially with an international Non-Government Organisation.
- Strong background in creating engaging written content and other messaging.
- Experience of gathering communications content on the ground.
- Experience of working in a major news agency desirable.
- Innovative and creative thinking.
- Good communications skills
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write, quickly, clearly and concisely, producing engaging copy
- Ability to work within defined budget.
- Production and publishing knowledge about external materials.
- Sound administrative and organizational skills.
- Computer literate – to include experience of working with Portfolio and publishing management software tools e.g. Basecamp. InCopy software skills desirable.
- Flexible – team player
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the multi-cultural environment in which IPPF operates.
- Cultural sensitivity
- Supportive of a women’s right to choose and to have access to safe abortion services.